CLAT Exam Pattern
The pattern of common law admission test will be as follows:
- The written test will be of multiple choice (objective) type.
- There will be a total of 200 questions for the UG (Undergraduate) programme and 150 questions for pg (postgraduate) programme with 01 marks each.
- The time period of the exam will be 02:00 hours (120 minutes).
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer to the questions.
With the help of the table below, you will be able to understand the CLAT Exam Pattern better.
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20|
|Legal Aptitude (Legal Aptitude)||50|
|Reasoning (Logical Reasoning)||40|
Pattern of Question Paper for PG Syllabus
|CLAT exam period||02:00 hours|
|Multiple-Choice Questions||100 questions|
|Subjective Questions||50 marks (2 essay questions of 25 marks) on any subject of law|
|Syllabus : Constitutional Law Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence||40
CLAT Syllabus – UG Programme
If you want to get good marks in the exam, then you should not have any kind of doubt in your mind about the CLAT Syllabus, so that you do not feel any kind of discomfort about the syllabus in the examination hall-
English Including Comprehension
Under the English section, questions can be asked from the following subjects.
- English Vocabulary: Antonyms, Synonyms and Analogies.
- English Proficiency: Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution, Sentence Improvement, Rearrangement of Sentence in Paragraph, Rearrangement of Words in Sentence, Fill in the blanks and Cloze Tests.
- English Usage Errors: Common Errors, Spotting Errors, Inappropriate Usage of Words and Spelling Mistakes (English Usage), Use of Correct Word.
- English Comprehension: Paragraph will be given. Questions will be asked from that paragraph. Understand the para and answer the questions accordingly.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Under this department can be asked about current events in the fields of events of national and international importance, economics, science, technology, sports, person and place, static GK and the latest fields, books and authors.
CLAT Syllabus 2022 – Mathematics
- Arithmetic: Number system, survey and index, square root, fractions and decimals, HCF and LCM, simplification, ratio and ratio, average and logarithm, etc.
- Commercial mathematics: interest, percentage, profit and loss, partnership and discount.
- Mensuration: area, perimeter, volume etc.
Legal Aptitude (Legal Aptitude)
- This section will test your interest in the study of law, research qualifications and problem-solving ability.
- These questions will relate to legal proposals and will be a set of facts that satisfy the proposals.
- Whether such propositions may or may not be true, you have to accept them and answer the questions accordingly.
- Some of the major subjects under it will be such as – International Law, Criminal Law, Indian Constitution, Legal Conditions, Legal Maxim, Family Law, Contracts.
CLAT Syllabus 2022 – Logical Reasoning
- Reasoning Tests: Series Test, Relationships Test, Alphabet Test, Ranking Tests and Time Sequence Test, Direction and Distance Test, Analogy Test, Classification (Odd Man Out) Test, Coding Decoding Test, Number Test.
- Logic Tests: Statements Conclusions and Statements Action, Statements Assumptions, Statements Arguments.
CLAT Syllabus – PG Programme
The following is the allocation of questions to be asked from different areas of law:
- Constitutional Law – 50 marks
- Jurisprudence – 50 points
- Other law subjects: Contracts, torts, criminal law, international law, family law, property law, IPR etc. – 50 marks